As mentioned here, I have some things I’d like to do sometime, and 2014 seems like a good enough time to do them. In no particular order, here’s a list of things that would make me happy. Each month, I’ll pick something from this list to focus on. However, I may get a headstart on some things if I have extra time. There’s no way I’ll finish all of this in 2014, but I’m super excited to try as many as possible.
- Have people over more often.
- Make our house OUR house. I’m not completely sure about what this means, but I’ll figure it out.
- Create a bedroom that we can relax in. Right now, something’s “off” about it. It’s probably the pile of laundry next to my side of the bed.
- Sell something on Etsy.
- Transform the guest room into a space that makes me want to exercise, provides an organized sink for clutter, and encourages me to file my mail. I maintain that these uses can coexist in harmony.
- Be able to park our cars in a safe space and provide an organized storage spot for outside-ish stuff. We’ll call this “the garage”.
- Become a healthy role model for Talia. She’ll never learn to play kitchen if she doesn’t see her parents in the kitchen :)
- Hike to the Most Beautiful Place in the World.
- Create a safe, happy place for Talia to live in. This includes finishing childproofing and decorating the nursery.
- Start helping Talia make friends. Good luck to me.
Redo the downstairs bathroom – why is this important? I don’t know. But I bought a new light fixture for that bathroom 2 years ago, and it haunts me from the closet.
- Reclaim pingpong space. Really, this should be on Jonathan’s list, but I’m an empathetic goal-maker.
- Improve budgeting techniques to fund vacations, college educations, and creative pursuits.
- Grow food to reduce expenses and save environment. At least grow 100 lbs of potatoes. And then figure out what to do with 100 lbs of potatoes.
- Document life.
I’ll add to this list if I think of more things.