Okay, it seems inevitable that my goal updates will devolve into status reports, so I’m accepting this fate now. Unlike status reports for work, though, I do not feel bad about spending more words documenting excuses than actual accomplishments.
That thing about Liana sleeping so well and being so predictable…yeah, not so much. She slept in 20 minute spurts yesterday (instead of 2 hour spurts), so doing things was a bit harder. Then she was up all night for no reason, but then she slept all morning. So I slept all morning. Which is why I have fewer goals for today.
- Made lunch out of my groceries despite the strong temptation to eat the rest of the chili that Jess brought on Monday. Score one for follow-through. Now I have beans and rice to eat for lunch the rest of the week.
- Vacuumed and took out the trash. Now that I’ve been doing it for two days, housekeeping is even less fun than I’d remembered.
- Started designing Christmas card and gathering addresses. Alas, I’m missing a picture that I need to finish the card, so now I’m blocked. Where’s a scrummaster with a DSLR when you need one…
- Got more than 5000 fitbit steps for the first time since Liana was born. I need a more interesting destination than Walgreens. The optimal destination probably wouldn’t sell ice cream because it’s too tempting to buy ice cream when within a store that sells ice cream.
- Marry a DSLR-toting scrummaster and finish the Christmas card.
- Fill in Liana’s one-month section of baby book a week late.
- Find box to pack. I think I see one over there.
- Christmas research.