It’s pretty easy for me to say I’m winning this race as long as the baby isn’t here yet, but I can’t say that too loudly for fear that Talia might be competitive like her parents. I don’t think she can read yet, though, so everything should be okay for now.
Here’s what I accomplished this week:
- Went shopping for “impractical” baby items, a.k.a. more board books. Granted, we have a huge supply of board books already thanks to many generous gift-givers, but they are SO MUCH FUN TO SHOP FOR. They have mirrors and finger puppets and sensory sections and taggies and stuff written in baby-code…I hope Talia chews them all up so we can go buy more.
- Bought practical baby items, i.e. the rest of the stuff on our registry. I’m expecting a package per day to show up on the porch between now and Oct. 12.
- Slept until 11:30 twice, which I guess I could count as sleeping until noon, but then I wouldn’t have an excuse to sleep until noon next weekend.
- Ate discounted expensive Italian food. This does not count as steak.
- Saw one last movie in a theater. I think I failed in my lifelong quest to find a reorderable shake at the Drafthouse. I mean, they’ve all been fine, but I’d choose a Chik-Fil-A banana pudding shake any day. If only that were possible.
- Took more maternity pictures…
That’s all. I’m going to work on my art projects this week so that Jonathan can hang them all up for me next weekend. I guess I could do that myself, but there might be a stepladder involved, and pregnant women are 92% more likely to fall over than their husbands. I inferred that statistic from two reliable sources: a nurse and a random lady in a parking lot.