Status Report

As I might have mentioned, I kind of like status reports at work. Maybe I don’t always like reading everyone else’s status reports, but I definitely like writing my own because they convince me that I’ve actually accomplished some stuff. And even though I don’t always like doing stuff, I definitely like accomplishing stuff.

I think it logically follows, then, that I might also enjoy writing status reports for my non-work life to balance the nagging feeling that I devote too many evenings to reading internet comments about the latest American Idol drama. I rather ingeniously have chosen to begin this effort several months before the next American Idol season so that I can avoid facing the truth for a while longer.

So, status: over the past week, I…

• Spent ~5 nights writing ~40 wedding thank-you notes
  • Petted some chickens
  • Attended a housewarming party
  • Made those pictures appear at the top of this blog

Wow. That was surprisingly not as fun as it looks. I think some people could do all four of those things in one Saturday afternoon…but that’ll be a good incentive to do more next week. Or to figure out a different Secret to Happiness.

About Sarah

10 years ago, I was a computer science student. 5 years ago, I taught kindergarten. 2 years ago, I trained teachers. Now, I'm a technical writer. I have thoughts about most of these things, but most likely I'll just write about neuroses and why I love Mr. Gatti's pizza. Which might be a neurosis.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Status Report

1. Greg says:

Status reports are great!

2. Kirstin says:

I HATE status reports! We had to write them every week when I worked in Idaho and it drove me crazy to take fifteen minutes out of doing something actually productive to chronicle my productivity.

Camilo is amused at the meta-ness of your blog so far. I think the photos are lovely!

3. Sarah says:

Aw, Kirstin…you’ve always been one of the most productive people I know, so clearly you don’t need status reports to motivate you, in which case I bet they would be annoying. And I worried that I was getting too “meta,” but then I thought that was kind of my thing so I let it stand. I’ll find something more concrete to write about when I actually do something besides writing thank-you notes :)

4. Margaret says:

Well, your status report is definitely good. I hadn’t thought about what you’d been doing during the week. My status report would be the number of things I wrote this week.
    I’ve never had to do them for work before, so to me it’s quite cool.

5. Kirstin says:

The meta was totally “Sarah” – no worries!! It was just funny how Sarah it was. :)

Ugh, writing thank you notes. I love writing one or two, but piles and piles? No fun. I hope you’re almost done!

6. Sarah says:

Yep! We just need to get stamps now. Hopefully we can send them out this weekend so that people really will get them by our first anniversary :)